“Tune-up” can mean many different things. Your vehicle may only require a standard tune-up. However, if you are experiencing any performance problems, diagnostics may be needed. Whatever your needs are, Clear Lake Auto Service can help. Our certified technicians, use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to diagnose most problems and provide a complete estimate of the work before any repairs are performed.
If your vehicle does require diagnostic services, we follow a 10-step process to make car repair friendly to our customers.
10 Step Process
- You and your sales associate identify symptoms of engine performance problems.
- We road test your vehicle to verify your concerns.
- Clear Lake Auto Service technicians perform a visual inspection of your engine’s major components.
- We check industry bulletins, manufacturer recall information, and tune-up specifications.
- We obtain trouble codes from your vehicle’s on board computer (if applicable).
- We perform a computerized analysis of your engine’s major systems.
- You and your sales associate review a detailed printout of our findings and discuss potential solutions to your problem.
- Once the Engine Diagnostic Service is complete, our technicians perform only the repairs that you authorize.
- We road test your vehicle again to assure complete satisfaction.
- All repairs are backed by our Clear Lake Auto Service Limited Warranty (see manager for details)
Clear Lake Auto Service Tune-up Services
- Visual Inspection of engine components
- Install spark plugs
- Set timing and idle (if applicable)
- Filter package (includes air and fuel filter)
- Fuel system cleaning
Other engine components that may need service
- Engine sensors
- Crank/Cam sensor
- Oxygen sensor
- Airflow sensor
- EGR sensor
- Map sensor
- Temperature sensor
- Throttle Position sensor
- Coil packs
- Distributor cap and rotor
- Ignition wires
- Ignition module
- Fuel pump